Hi!.....The kids wanted to have some pasta..... Checked my refrigerator....Oh..Oh...not much in there...Just some sweet corn...some Cheese ... So decided to make some cheesy macroni with tomatoes to give them some colour. Its a very simple dish with old age white sauce but its so filling and yummy to taste and everybody loves it.....
Cheezy Corn and Macaroni Casserole
1/2 cup Sweet Corn
1 cup boiled macaroni
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
1 1/2 cups milk
3 cubes pasteurized cheese ( amul or britania will do)
1. Blanch sweet corn in hot water for 2-3 mins till tender. Keep aside.
2. In a non stick pan take 2 tbsp butter and melt it an slow heat.
3. Add flour and saute a little till the bland smell of flour goes.
4. Put the flame to minimum and start adding milk .Keep on stirring till the sauce is smooth and thickens.
5. Make sure there are no lumps ( u can pass the sauce through a sieve if any lumps are formed).
8. Put the macaroni mixture in a oven proof dish.
9. In a seperate bowl mix the bread crumbs and one cube of cheese.
10. Spread this on top of the macaroni.
U can have with any bread or just like that...