Multi Grain Loaf
After all the Diwali sweets and festive tiredness. one just want to relax and do nothing. A cup of coffee , a slice of freshly baked home made Multi Grain Bread and a nice book feels heavenly. So this simple and quick recipe just for you who love baking breads at home........
For the Dough
Flour/ Maida 125 gms/ 1cup
Wheat flour ½ cup
Oat flour ½ cup
Luke warm milk ½ - ¾ cup
Fresh yeast 2 tbsp / dry yeast 1 tbsp
Salt 1 tsp
Honey 1-1/2 1tsp
Oil 1 tsp
Egg 1 (beaten)
Bread Improver 1 tsp
Gluten ½ tsp
1. Mix fresh yeast with 1 tsp of warm milk and 1 tsp of honey. Keep it aside for a few minutes.
2. Sieve maida , mix in bread improver, gluten, salt, sugar, egg and 1 cup of luke warm milk & yeast mixture & knead to a smooth dough.
3. Apply some oil on the dough ,cling wrap and keep it for proving (fermenting) for about 45 mins to 1 hr. till it doubles in size. (Increase this time to 2-3 hours in winters).
4. Knock down the dough & knead to a smooth ball.
5. Roll the dough into the shape of loaf.
6. Seal by pinching the sides.
8. Place in a greased loaf tin for 20- 30- mins.
9. Apply some egg wash.( use milk to substitute egg).
10. Sprinkle some rolled Oats, flax, poppy & sesame seeds on top.
11. Bake at 220 o C for 35- 40 mins.or till golden in colour.