Muffins ......or.....Cupcakes ......?? I was wondering what exactly is the difference between the two. If i am baking a small cake in a cup whether its a cupcake or should i call it a muffin? According to our dictionary, a cupcake is defined as "a small cake, the size of an individual portion, baked in a cup-shaped mold," whereas the muffin is defined as "a small, cup-shaped quick bread, often sweetened." And then ...there was this one more thing which drew my attention that.... "If you threw a cupcake against the wall, you would hear something of a 'poof!' If you threw a muffin, you would hear a 'thud!'". I think basically a cupcake is softer kind eaten and decorated with some kind of frosting.....and a muffin is on the denser side enjoyed with a cup of coffee or juice....
Uh!.....I think we should leave the difference at the moment and do some baking and then enjoy our cupcakes with any jam frosting.........hmmmm cupcakes sound better......and inviting....Hoping u all also like them........
Yellow Butter Cupckes
- 1 cup yellow butter ( I have used Amul)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- cupcake paper liners
- 1. Cream the butter and sugar together till light and fluffy. The yellow butter will turn almost whitish in colour.
- 2. Put the eggs one by one and mix it properly.
- 3. Add the vanilla extract.
- 4. Add the flour mixed with baking powder.
- 5. In the end add the milk gradually and keep on mixing. There should not be any lumps.
- 6. Place the cup liners in the muffin cups and put the batter in them.
- 7. Bake at about 180 - 200 o C for 25 mins or till light golden colour.
- 8. When they are cool put any jam topping of ur choice and enjoy.......