Red Velvet Cupcakes
Valentine's week is here ...Love is in the air....Everywhere u r seeing chocolates...cards...flowers....and lots of gift... I also thought this is the best time to make some red velvet cakes for family and friends....
(Recipe adapted from a very popular blog http://purplefoodie.com )
(will make about 8-9 medium cupcakes)
1 1/4 cup All purpose flour
60 gms butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 ttsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp red food colour
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1. Sieve flour, baking soda and salt together and keep it aside.
2. In another bowl beat softened butter and powdered sugar till light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and mix properly.
4. In a small bowl mix cocoa powder, red color and vanilla essence.
5. Add to butter mixture and mix with light hands.
6. Now add flour and buttermilk alternately spoon by spoon till everything is blended thoroughly.
7. Spoon into cupcake moulds.
8. Bake at 180 o C for about 20-25 mins.
9. Top it up with some cream cheese frosting and some sprinklers.
10. Serve them with lots of love.