Doughnuts are usually a round piece of sweet dough which is fried ( can be sometimes baked also) and then can be glazed with sugar or chocolate. I always use to think that making doughnuts was a long and tiring thing but when I came across this recipe and tried them, I found them to be quick, easy and super delicious. This recipe is for all my friends who think that making doughnuts is a tedious job, but these doughnuts are not only quick and easy to make but at the same time does not require much of physical work.
In this recipe I am using baking powder for raising the dough as not everybody has got yeast at home, but still I think yeast is a better option if available. Kids love to eat doughnuts and please keep me updated when you try these at your home.
2 1/2 cups Flour
!/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 egg beaten
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
oil for frying
Castor sugar, chocolate for decoration
1. Sift Flour, baking powder and sugar.
2. Add beaten egg into the flour and mix in the melted butter, milk and essence to make a soft dough.
3. Cling wrap the dough and keep it at room temperature for about half an hour.
4. Roll the dough to 1/4 " thickness.
5. Cut with a doughnut cutter.
6. Deep fry on a medium flame till golden brown.
7. Mix together cinnamon powder and castor sugar. Roll the doughnuts for sugar coated ones.
8. Melt some chocolate and dip the doughnuts for chocolate doughnuts. Sprinkle some decorations for extra touch.