Wednesday, 31 August 2011
Saturday, 20 August 2011
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs, at room temperature
3/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tbsp cocoa powder
100 gms dark chocolate
100 gms fresh cream
7. Melt cream in a heavy bottom pan and add chopped dark chocolate. Keep on stirring until it becomes a thick glossy sauce.
( U can keep it refrigerated for about a week).
8. Warm some truffle sauce and pour over the cake.
- Bundt cake recipies should be denser, have less of air bubbles.
- They should be baked for a longer period in comparison with normal cake tins to give a bright color.
Friday, 19 August 2011
Wow.....Wow........wow......were the only words that came out of my mouth when i saw my Bundt Pans from Nordic Ware. I had ordered them from Amazon and got them delivered to my cousin, Shikha's place, brought to India by my Uncle (who left his own things back to bring my stuff)..How nice of him...!! I thank them whole heartedly......Thank U Shikha......Thank u Uncle.........These gadgets have become more precious (more than the shining golden metal) as they bring smiles and we , bloggers feel proud to own them. I was waiting anxiously for them as we don't get such things in India. Procurring baking tools and ingredients is still very difficult even in cities like Delhi. Bakers who reside in North will understand me perfectly. These kinds may be available in Mumbai or Banglore or if at all in Delhi , its very expensive. I also got a whole set of silicon pans which are still waiting for their turn to be cherished.
It was a happy, joyful, red week for me....Got the lovely things........And imagine next day me dear friend, Smita brought another red baking set of stone ware for me. Thanks Smita... I just loved it.....!!
Bundt Pans have to be treated differently from the normal baking pans. Greasing them and taking out the full cake is not so easy. The tips about using Bundt Pans http://housewares.about.com/od/bakewareservingware/a/bundtbasics.htm helped me a lot to understand.
I choose an Orange Marmalade Cake recipe for my first Bundt. Made the batter hurriedly. I was waiting anxiously for the results. All the time thinking about whether the cake will come out properly or not . Thanks to God, the cake came out full. I could see the strands of ornage marmalade. It was a very nice smelling , less sweet, tea cake to be enjoyed with evening coffee.....but....but i could not make out the grooves easily. It was looking more an inverted funnel pan cakes. I was disappointed with the result.......I wanted a more denser, more prominent kind.
Orange Marmalade Cake
3. Gradually add one by one egg.
4. Mix in orane marmalde and essesnce/zest.
5. Fold in flour with a wooden spoon.
6. Lightly grease the bundt pan with some butter and dust it.
7. Pour the batter into the pan.
8. Bake at 180 0 C for about 45 mins.
9. Make some icing sugar glaze and pour over the cake.
I took out a slice to check.......Wow....it was nice.......tasted it.......Mmmmm .....it was delicious but will have to try again for getting a proper shape........Tomorrow..........will bake another one........
Thursday, 4 August 2011
Uh!.....I think we should leave the difference at the moment and do some baking and then enjoy our cupcakes with any jam frosting.........hmmmm cupcakes sound better......and inviting....Hoping u all also like them........
Yellow Butter Cupckes
- 1 cup yellow butter ( I have used Amul)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- cupcake paper liners
- 1. Cream the butter and sugar together till light and fluffy. The yellow butter will turn almost whitish in colour.
- 2. Put the eggs one by one and mix it properly.
- 3. Add the vanilla extract.
- 4. Add the flour mixed with baking powder.
- 5. In the end add the milk gradually and keep on mixing. There should not be any lumps.
- 6. Place the cup liners in the muffin cups and put the batter in them.
- 7. Bake at about 180 - 200 o C for 25 mins or till light golden colour.
- 8. When they are cool put any jam topping of ur choice and enjoy.......