Date and Walnut Cake
Ahhh! Writing a new post after a long time.....Has been so busy for past few days in marriages and other things. ..Posting a quick but easy and very tempting eggless cake recipe.....'Dates and Walnut Cake'....It came out so well and tasted even better.....The only thing you have to keep in mind is choosing a good quality of dates to get a rich, moist cake.
- 200 gms dates deseeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 200 gms condensed milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 baking soda
- 1 - 2 tsp milk (if required)
- 1. Dee seed dates and chop them finely.
- 2. Take 1/2 cup of water (approx) in a pan and put on the flame. When the water starts boiling add the dates.
- 3. Keep them on low flame for 2 mins and then switch off the flame.
- 4. Add baking soda and keep it aside to cool.
- 5. Sift maida and baking powder together..
- 6. Mix in dates and walnuts.
- 7. Beat oil and condensed milk with a hand mixer. Add essence.
- 8. Fold in maida mixture and mix properly.
- 9. Pour the batter in a 9" loaf tin and bake at 180 o C for 40 mins or till done.
- Note : 1. You can substitute 2 eggs and 3/4 powdered sugar with condensed milk if using eggs.
- 2. The above cake will have chunks of dates in it. If you don't want chunks you can soak them over night or 5-6 hrs in half cup of milk and puree them in a mixer. Use 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder and remove baking soda from the list.