Bread and Butter Pudding
BBC Good Food 'India' Is Out and I am sure most of my blogger friends have bought their copies and tried a few things from it. November issue carried a few desserts and I am posting here a simple "Bread and Butter Pudding" which I tried and was liked by everyone.
I could not find unsliced bread so had to go ahead with the sliced one. I made half the recipe given in the magazine.
Butter 45 gms
Jam 200gms ( I used mixed fruit jam as kids love its taste)
Fresh white bread 5 slices
heavy cream 200 ml ( I used amul fresh cream)
powdered sugar 45 gms
vanilla seeds scrapped from 1 vanilla pod
1. Butter a casserole and put half the jam in the base of the dish.
2. Trim the sides od the slices and press them a little with a rolling pin.
3. Apply butter on one side of the slice, turn it and apply jam on the other side.
4. Roll the slice lightly keeping the jam side inside. Place them in the casserole.
5. Beat eggs, cream , sugar and milk and pass through a sieve.
6. Add the vanilla seeds and pour over the slices soaking them fully.
7. Bake at 180 o C for about an hour until the top gets a golden colour.