Its Christmas time ! Merry Christmas to all my friends!! Everyone is out and celebrating the fun and holiday week ahead. Though I didn't bake an exact version of Christmas Cake but a small one. I made a ' Carrot and Walnut Cake' with raisins soaked in Rum and topped it with some cream cheese frosting.
It was Yum.....enjoyed it without frosting ........but enjoyed it more with the frosting....!!
The recipe was noted down sometime back from the net but forgot to bookmark it . But it came out to very nice and easy. .........
3 cups grated carrots
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup golden raisins
Rum to soak raisins
3/ cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup oil ( I used olive oil)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup apple sauce
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Grate carrots. Take 3 cups of grated carrots and mix with brown sugar and let it sit for about an hour.
2. Soak raisins overnight. Combine raisins and carrots. Drain excess liquid.
3. Beat eggs till light in colour.
4. Add sugar, oil and vanilla essence.
5. Mix in apple sauce.
6. Fold in dry ingredients.
7. Add carrot mixture.
8. Add chopped walnuts.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 o C for about an hour or till golden in colour.
To make apple sauce
1. Chop 3-4 apples and pressure cook them till soft.
2. Add 2 tsp of sugar and puree them
Cream cheese frosting
Cream cheese 100 gms
cream 100 gms
Beat cream cheese till soft and then add cream. In the end add orange zest.