Zebra Bundt Cake
(recipe followed and adapted from bakersroyale)
Hi! I have not posted anything on my blog for months...Have been really tied up for some very personal reasons...I really appreciate those blogger friends who instead of having a busy schedule, keeps us updated with their new recipes..But i have been baking and trying out new things in the kitchen..
My love for baking cakes took me to try out "Zebra Bundt Cake" . Its an interesting pattern done with chocolate and vanilla batter. Though my bundt did not turned out so beautiful but the zebra lines were evident..For the zebra cake the batter should not be thick and more of alternate lines should be used..will try harder for the perfect look next time..
3 cups flour/ maida
2 ½ cups powdered sugar
½ cup dark cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups unsalted butter at room temperature
6 tablespoons water
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
5 large eggs
½ cup milk
1. Sieve flour along with baking powder and salt.
2. In a separate bowl mix 1/2 cup sugar, cocoa powder and water till a smooth blend and set aside.
3. Cream butter and rest 2 cups sugar till light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one by one.
5. Add milk and flour alternatively and mix with a hand blender till the mixture is a smooth paste.
6. Dive the batter in two parts and mix the cocoa mixture to one part.
7. Take a 3 cup greased bundt pan and put 3 tbsp of vanilla mixture.
8. Wait for a few seconds and let it settle down completely.
9. Pour 3 tbsp of cocoa mixture in the center of vanilla batter.
10. Repeat till both the batter are finished and a zebra like pattern is formed.
11. Bake in a preheated oven for 50 mins. at 200o C.