Everybody is loving bread. Not only eating it but making a bread is also fun to make. It's a versatile food which can be enjoyed as a starter, snack or main course. And making a home made bread adds to the zing. Though I have made Garlic bread earlier also , this time I thought of giving it a braided shape and also tried making knots from the same dough ....It all came out so well.....
500 gms flour
2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp fresh yeast (about 25-30 gms)
(If using dry instant yeast use half the quantity of fresh yeast)
25 ml oil
1 1/2 cups water
3-4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
1. Soak yeast in 2 tbsp of lukewarm water and 1 tsp sugar. Leave this for about 15 minutes until the yeast starts bubbling.
2. Make a soft dough with all the above ingredients and cover the bowl with a cling wrap for about an hour or untill the dough is double in size.
3. Now I have used 3/4 dough for the braided bread and made four knots with the left 1/4 dough.
4. Roll the dough and put chopped garlic in the center and then again roll it and then cut it into the required shape.
5. For the rest of the method you can please follow the pics. ( I think it will be easier).
6. Put the bread in tin or on a baking tray. Put some egg wash on the top for that browning effect and bake it a preheated oven at 220 o C for about 35 minutes.
Cut into thick slices after it is baked and cooled. Apply some butter and then again toast it You can also add some dried herbs in the butter.