Fruit & Nut Cake
Its been a long long time that I have posted anything on my blog. I have just not been getting enough time, But Now I hope to do more and better this year....I am sharing a simple Fruit & Nut Cake here which is very easy to make and liked by everyone.... For this cake I have again used home made malai as I feel that the cake is more soft , moist and whiter as compared to the butter cakes. We, at home still use full cream milk so getting malai is no problem...but you can substitute it with butter....I am very bad at taking pictures , so U'll have to bear with me...
1 1/2 cups Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 cup Malai / Soft Butter
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
1/4 cup Tuitty Fruitty ( keep aside a few for topping)
1/4 cup - Mixed Nuts ( Cashews & Almonds chopped)
2 tbsp milk (optional)
1. Sift the flour and baking powder togther and keep aside.
2. Cream malai/butter and powdered sugar together till it is very light and fluffy. The butter should have changed its colour at this point.
3. Add eggs one by one till the whole mixture is smooth.
4. Add Vanilla essence.
5. Fold in the flour with the mixture.
6. Add tuitty fruitty and nuts after dusting them properly in the flour. ( They r heavy and coated with sugar, so this is very important otherwise they will sink in the bottom).
7. At this point if the batter is too thick you can add 2 tbsp of milk.
7. Put them in a medium sized loaf tin and bake at 180 C for about 35-40 mins or ill the golden colour comes.