(Served with strawberry preserve and some whipped cream)
A torte is a rich, usually multi layered, cake that is filled with buttercreams, mousses, jams or fruits.In easy words its a cake made with many eggs and often grated nuts or dry bread crumbs and usually covered with a rich frosting. Here I am making an almond torte in which I have used almond powder or sometimes referred as almond meal (almonds grinded in ur mixie). Instead of refined flour , I have used wheat flour which gives the cake its colour and very little butter just to give right amount of softness. Its a dry cake and should be served with some jam, sauce or cream of your choice.
50 gms butter ( I have used home made white butter)
3/4 th cup pwd sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 th cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 8-10 blanched almonds cut into thin slices
- 1. Cream the sugar and eggs together till light and fluffy.
- 2. Add the soft butter.
- 3. Add the flour, almond powder mixed with baking powder and salt.
- 4. Put the batter in the tin.
- 5. Put the cut almond slices on top.
6. Bake at about 180 - 200 o C for about 40 mins or till light golden colour.
- 7. Serve when it is cool with any preserve and some whipped cream.