Cream of Almond Soup
The winters have started approaching and the mornings and evenings are cool outside and pleasant inside. With the change of every season our food interests and habits also change. This is the season of having hot soups, variety of greens and different kinds of breads of Indian cuisine. Today, I am making a very simple Cream of Almond Soup which is very delicate in flavours , but at the same time very tasty and nutritious .
200 gms almonds
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups of milk
1. Soak almonds in water for about 4-5 hours.
2. Take off the skin of almonds and blend them to a puree adding a little water. Strain the almond puree and keep it aside.
3. Take butter in a pan and add flour in it.
( u can also use all purpose flour or corn flour)
4. Saute it for a couple of minutes. Put the gas at the minimum and and start adding milk gradually. Keep on stirring continuously. There should not be any lumps.
5. Let the white sauce cool completely and blend it in the mixer to give it a smooth consistency.
6. Put it back on a pan and put on the gas.
7. Add the almond puree and add salt and pepper according to your taste.
8. Add 2 cups of water and boil it for a few minutes.
8. Garnish it with slivered almonds and a few basil leaves.
7. Serve it hot with toasted garlic bread.